HTC has just announced the developer edition of its flagship smartphone‘HTC One’ in the United States. The phone will come with both SIM and unlocked bootloader. According to the Taiwanese manufacturer, the phone will go on sale alongside HTC One retail edition in the country.
HTC One Dev edition comes with 64GB of internal storage instead of minimum 32GB storage in retail unit (16GB in Taiwan). Rest of the specifications of the dev edition are same as the retail unit, here is a look:
- 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- Two dual-membrane microphones for recording
- Multiple frequency compatibility: HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)
- 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI
- Android with HTC Sense
- GPS + GLONASS
- 4MP HTC UltraPixel Camera
- 2.1MP front camera
- 2300 mAh battery
“The HTC One Developer Edition will be available in limited quantities to customers with a US Zip Code for $649 when the HTC One is released in the United States,” HTC noted in a blog post.
In related news, HTC is having a hard time with One shipments and company stated that it will start fulfilling pre-orders in select countries by the end of March, followed by availability in other countries.